Royal Colombo Golf Club

The 130 year old Royal Colombo Golf Club:

Golf in Sri Lanka, like many other British sports gained popularity on the Galle Face Green. The Colombo Golf Club was formed here and in 1896 moved to its present location which was a model farm originally owned by Sir Charles Henry de Soysa, a Ceylonese philanthropist.

In 1928 the privilege of using the prefix “Royal” was bestowed upon the Club by His Majesty King George V.